Dr. Jose Palomar Lever, MD
Dr. Jose Palomar Lever MD was born in Guadalajara, the capital city of Jalisco in Mexico. He began his medical school education at the age of 17 at the Universidad Autónoma of Guadalajara (UAG) and received his training in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology at the Universidad del Ejercito y Fuerza Aérea Mexicanos (U.D.E.F.A.). He performed his first orthopedic surgery at the age of 24 and between 1984 and 1988 he was an orthopedic surgeon on the staff of the Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery Institute of Jalisco, S.S.A. He went on to receive specialized training in minimally invasive spine surgery at the Texas Back Institute in Dallas, Texas.
Pursuing his interest in what he now refers to as the “software” of the human body, a study which began in earnest for him in 2000, Dr. Palomar became a Diplomate in Applied Kinesiology from the International College of Applied Kinesiology (ICAK). He received the organization’s Alan Beardall Memorial Award for Research for 2004-2005 and over the years has had eighteen papers accepted for inclusion in ICAK-USA Proceedings. He also completed the Carrick Institute for Graduate Studies program in Clinical Neurology.
Today, in addition to pursuing an ongoing research program, Dr. Palomoar conducts regular training in Proprioceptive – Deep Tendon Reflex (P-DTR) for medical practitioners in the United States, Russia, Mexico, Latvia, and Ukraine. He also continues to practice medicine in his hometown Guadalajara, Mexico.
Memberships & Affiliations
- > Mexican Board of Orthopedic surgery and Traumatology
- > Asociación Mexicana de Ortopedia y Traumatología
- > Asociación Medico Militar de Ortopedia y Traumatología
- > American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- > Member of the ICAK USA chapter
- > President of the ICAK – Mexico Chapter
- > Member of the Board of Certified Teachers (BCT – ICAK)
- > Member of the International Board of Examiners (IBE – ICAK) (2005)
- > Founder of the Proprioceptive – DTR Technique (P-DTR)